At last SUNCO has the answer -- Row cleaners with concavity.
Click here to Watch the New "Sunco Floating Saber Tooth Row Cleaners Video"
Leaving more residue when planting to prevent wind and water erosion is a necessary and accepted farming practice. How to move the trash and make an acceptable seed bed has been a problem. In trash conditions, trash whippers with smooth or notched discs move too much soil, causing unwanted planting depressions and leaving the seed bed susceptible to crusting. Finger wheels that have no concavity skid through the soil, which can bend teeth, and tend to push and wrap trash.
A concave disc, when placed at an angle, will turn easily and flow material to the side. Concavity, along with Sunco's unique tooth design, allows the trash discs to contact material in the seed bed and flow and release it in the center of the row. Sunco also separates the lead and trail discs. This is very important, because trash is all that turns the discs, and if they are competing for the same stalk, root balls, or residue, they will stop turning and plug. The separation of the two discs allows each disc to move material and not compete with the other disc for the same material. Sunco Row Cleaners with exclusive disc concavity, unique tooth design, and disc separation allow you to plant in the toughest trash conditions without plugging!
- Disc concavity flows trash away from seed bed
- 2 triple seal bearings allow for heavy duty work
- Teeth till soil surface to reduce crusting
- Trailing disc is set back far enough so it doesn't compete with lead disc for trash and stalks
- Saber Tooth Literature
- The New Easy Access Screw Adjust Saber Tooth
- DMI Floating Row Cleaners Literature
- The New Floating Row Cleaner with Depth Band
- Saber Tooth Stem and Mount Identification
- DMI Assembly Part Numbers
- Saber Tooth Assembly Parts and Quantities
- Click here to be taken to the Floating Row Cleaner Page for Assembly Lists
Saber Tooth Screw Adjust Assembly Parts
- 470213L/R - IH Mount
- 470212 - Universal Mount
- 4702194L/R AND 4702414L/R - White Planters with HD Down Pressure Springs (LH shown)
- Bearing Sheild Kit #470312
- Saber Tooth Bearing Installation
- Service Suggestion for Case IH DMI
- Important Quick Adjust Pin Notice
- DMI Height Setting Instructions
- Planter Levelling tips
- Saber Tooth Row Cleaners for JD's row unit-mounted, double disc liquid fertilizer opener
- Saber Tooth Row Cleaners on Planters
- Saber Tooth Row Cleaners on Strip-till Machines